Hey guys, I know that I haven’t been writing here much lately. However, I have been in the background getting information to Rob and Dizzle for articles from the practices. It has been an interesting transformation in the last few months, after finally getting full press access.
Having been on the inside gives me the perspective to get a new respect for the work these guys have to go through in the offseason. However, watching the practices also means that I see things that raise questions as to the progress of the team.
Anyway, here are some of my reflections from having been at minicamp and the OTAs.
- Tom Cable is a very likable guy, and whether or not you are a Raider fan, it is hard to root against him.
- Both Tommy Kelly and Terdell Sands declined interviews with me.
- DHB says all the right things. However, the hamstring is more of a concern than the drops.
- Jeff Garcia has a quiet manner in conversation, but is loud on the field.
- I’m a big guy, and both Robert Gallery and Sands make me feel small standing near them.
- Chaz Schilens is ready to break out.
- Louis Murphy is for real.
- I can’t say a bad word about my interactions with the guys in the local press corps. They were very welcoming to this newbie.